Go To:

About us

Does F&W Networks sell broadband packages?
F&W Networks provides the high-speed infrastructure for Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to connect homes and businesses with gigafast full-fibre. You can view our connectable areas here to see which ISP partners are available in your neighbourhood.
Who is F&W Networks?
F&W Networks is a network provider established in 2019. Along with our internet service provider partners, we have built and continue to build gigabit-capable, open-access full-fibre networks primarily in Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Surrey, and West Sussex.

About full-fibre

Is full-fibre more expensive?
Depending on your current service provider, FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) packages can be slightly more expensive than FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) but guarantee speeds of 1Gb with superior quality and reliability of service. Connect to full-fibre through our internet service provider partners.
Why do I need FTTP (full-fibre)?
BT Openreach has announced that they will be retiring the copper network as it is not viable to keep and run many old technologies. A move to full-fibre technology provides a more reliable and consistent broadband service that will not degrade like copper. The growth of online-dependent devices and services requires a fast, constant, and reliable internet connection, which is made possible by providing the fibre infrastructure directly to your home or business rather than FTTC or ASDL options. Evidence also suggests that available broadband speeds influence the property decision-making process for buyers and can increase house prices by as much as 3%. Advancements in technology, services, and infrastructure mean that a full-fibre connection could benefit you in the future.
What is full-fibre?
What is the difference between ADSL, FTTC and FTTP? Asymmetric Digital Subscribers Line (ADSL) Internet data is passed through copper cables and travel from the telephone exchange to the premise. The speed you receive will depend on how far away you are from the telephone exchange. The greater the distance, the more the signal will deteriorate. Fibre-To-The-Cabinet (FTTC) FTTC is a combination of copper and fibre optic cables. Fibre cables run from the exchange to a cabinet in an area, and copper cables run from the cabinet to the premise, providing internet speeds faster than the traditional ADSL lines. Fibre-To-The-Premise (FTTP) FTTP is the fastest type of internet connection, delivering high-speed broadband directly to the premise via fibre optic cables. With FTTP, you will have a more reliable connection as the position of your premise relative to the exchange will have no impact on the speed or performance of your internet connection.

Building the network

I have more questions. Who can I talk to about this?
Our careline team are happy to assist if you have any questions. You can call us on 0808 168 1616, Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00, or email us at [email protected].
What is your standard for reinstatement works?
We work with the relevant local authority to ensure that any reinstatement works will be complete to the required standards and specifications. Reinstatement is one of the essential aspects of our construction process, with most work commencing just after construction. We ensure that all necessary trenches are filled and reinstated immediately to protect our network and safeguard the public.
Will you be closing roads in my community?

In most cases, we will be able to complete our construction work without closing any roads and utilise traffic management to ensure they are still operational.

If roads need to be closed, we will complete work promptly and reopen access as soon as possible.

Will the existing copper wire connection to my house be removed when the fibre cable has been installed?
F&W Networks will not remove any existing connections from your home - we will simply add our network as a further option. If you want to remove the existing copper line, we recommend contacting BT Openreach as they are the network operator for that service.
I would prefer to have my home connection in a trench underground – can you do that, please?
Unfortunately, it is unlikely that you will be able to choose how your home is connected, as our team of engineers will assess your home and decide the best way of installation.
Will you need to dig up my garden or driveway for the network to be installed on my property?
Our teams will not disturb anything on your property during the construction work phase, as most homes can be served aerially by a nearby pole using a small black connection box placed on the property boundary or a nearby utility pole. If your premise needs a connection via the underground network, our engineers will walk you through the proposed route to decide what will work best for you. If we need to dig on your property, we will ensure we reinstate the area quickly to the highest possible quality. Installation: Once you sign up to be part of the network through one of our trusted partners, our installers will work with you to agree on the best installation route to connect your property, reinstating everything as it was before completion.
Will I have access to get in and out of my house whilst construction is taking place?
During construction, our team may need to dig a narrow trench in the pavement outside your home, but they will always ensure that you can access your property. If you have any questions or concerns, the team onsite will be happy to help.
What time of the day does construction work take place?

Our teams will do everything they can to keep disruption to a minimum, working hours agreed with the local authority, with no loud work starting before 8am.

What will happen during the build?
To minimise disruption and complete works as quickly as possible, we use a wide range of modern construction methods and use existing underground ducts wherever possible. In most cases, we typically work no more than two to three days outside each property.
When will you build in our area?
Whilst we roll out our fibre network as quickly as possible, some areas will be available before others. You will receive a letter informing you of when the building will commence in your area.


Can you connect my property if I live in a multi-dwelling unit (MDU)?
MDUs can be connected. We will need written permission from the freeholder/building owner before we can conduct any work connecting your apartment/flat. In this instance, a wayleave will be necessary to install our infrastructure. If you are interested in getting connected, please share your property manager/building owner/managing agent details with us, and we will be happy to work out a plan with you.
Can you connect my property if I live on a private road?
For properties situated on private roads, we will need to gain written permission from the landowner before we can conduct any works connecting to your property. In the event that you wish to connect privately-owned land, please let us know the landlord or managing agent's contact information, and we will be happy to work out a plan with you.
How much does a wayleave cost?
F&W Networks will bear the cost of the survey, installation, and wayleave process. A wayleave is free with no cost to the freeholder or the residents.
How long do I have to consider a wayleave request?
Work cannot commence without an agreed wayleave in place. If we have sent you an agreement, we cannot start work until you have signed the document. If you have questions about a wayleave request, please get in touch.
How long does a wayleave last?
Usually, a wayleave is an evergreen (ongoing) agreement without an end date that continues to apply to the apparatus it covers, even if the owner of the land or property changes.
When don’t we need a wayleave?

If a landowner has requested a service from one of our Internet Service Providers (ISPs) or we are working under the landowner instruction, we may not need a wayleave; or if there is an existing wayleave in place that allows additional apparatus.

The requirement for a wayleave will be discussed with you once an order has been placed with one of our ISPs or identified by our build team.

When do we need a wayleave?

A wayleave is necessary when we are required to install new telecommunications infrastructure on private land or building; or where we have identified the need to rectify an issue on existing ducting or overhead infrastructure.

What is a wayleave?
A wayleave is a written legal agreement between an organisation or individual and the land or property owner that grants an operator (F&W Networks) an Ofcom Licence (permission) to install, maintain or repair the network equipment on private property.


Who do I contact if I have problems with my full-fibre service after installation?
If you have any questions or experience problems with your connection, you need to contact your ISP customer service team. They will conduct the initial checks and contact us should a fault require an engineer to fix a break in the network. Typically, we endeavour to repair any network issue within 48 hours, including breaks in the fibre.
I'm a tenant. Can I still get connected if I don't own my property?
Even if you don't own your property, you can still get connected, but we will need written permission from your landlord. Your ISP will support you in getting the necessary authorisations from your landlord before booking your installation.
How long does installation take?
Your ISP will tell you the availability and completion time of your installation, which will vary depending on your provider.
Who completes the work needed to install my property?

The ISP that you have signed up with for your service will be the one installing the connection to your property.

How do I book my installation?
Once the network at your property is ready for connection, we will work with our ISP partners to arrange and complete your broadband installation. If you have ordered a service, your installation booking will be part of your order placement with your provider.
How do you get the fibre to my house?
We will not install anything at your property until you have decided to take up a service. On most occasions for us to connect your address, we will run a fibre cable from our active cabinet to your street using existing underground ducts or utility poles for aerial connections. If neither of these options is viable, we may need to dig a narrow trench to connect your property. Work typically lasts around two to three days outside each property.
How can I place an order?
You will first need to check if our full-fibre network is available in your area – you can do this here. If our services are available in your area, you can view the details of our ISP partners here, and they can talk you through your options and arrange to get you connected. If our services are not yet available in your area, you can register your interest here, and we will be in contact with you when your property can connect to full-fibre.
Can I keep my existing broadband supplier?

If your existing broadband service uses copper lines (ADSL), you will need to switch to a fibre internet provider.

We operate open-access fibre networks, which means you will have a choice of service providers when full-fibre is available at your home.

Currently, we have three internet service provider partners and will be adding more to our network in the future.

When will the service be available?
We are active in many areas within the South of England - register your interest here to keep up to date on when we are coming to your neighbourhood. You can also get in touch with our team by emailing [email protected] or by calling 0808 168 1616, and one of our team would be more than happy to help.

BDUK Vouchers

What is the BDUK Voucher Scheme?
The development of a new full-fibre network in rural areas, known as the UK Gigabit Voucher Scheme, is being supported by Building Digital UK (BDUK). The UK Gigabit Voucher Scheme helps fund some of the substantial build costs so we can bring you this new ultrafast broadband technology. If your home is eligible for a voucher under the scheme, you will receive an email from BDUK requesting approval for you to pledge your voucher to F&W Networks. If you receive an email, you must approve this, as it enables us to bring full-fibre to your property. Not all homes are eligible for a rural Gigabit Voucher. Only eligible homes will receive an email requesting approval to pledge a voucher. The vouchers are free, but UK Government terms and conditions apply. Please note that these vouchers are only redeemable by a network provider and approved by BDUK as part of a funding application submitted by F&W Networks. Vouchers can only be claimed by a network provider once services have gone live.